Monday, September 29, 2008

As of September 17th

i had my second doctor's appointment on the 17th and i couldn't quite believe that there's a baby in there! although i am 14 weeks and in my second trimester, i don't look pregnant in the least. i haven't gained any weight yet, and i am still wearing all of my prepregnancy clothes. so, part of me was wondering if the four positive pregnancy tests were just flukes or figments of my imagination. however, when they scanned the transducer across my belly, there "it" was! nearly fully developed with a face, tiny fingers and wiggly legs. payton and daddy were there and "it" waved at all of us! payton was so excited...he talked about it all night!

on wednesday, i go in for my triple marker test. this is a test in which they draw my blood and test for various proteins that the baby emits. if these proteins are too high or too low, it could indicate a problem with the baby. i have chosen to have this test performed not for the option of terminating the pregnancy if there is something wrong, but if there is a concern, that we will have specific prayer petitions for God. And that we will be able to prepare for the remainder of the pregnancy for a special needs baby.

at my next regular OB appointment, i will be finding out the sex!

No comments: