Wednesday, September 2, 2009

God and Baseball

I wanted to share this story to not only inform everybody about the events of yesterday, but about how truly amazing God is.

After picking Payton up from school, we headed home to get ready for a baseball game. Daddy was working so it was just me and my two sons. Suited up with glove in hand, he, Tegan and I headed for the ball fields. Once we were there, Payton ran out on in the out field to practice catching with the rest of his team. After a couple of minutes in the stoller, Tegan began to get fussy so I picked him up. The boys were about to finish practicing and I got up from the benches when I heard...
"Head's up!"
Out of the corner of my eye I saw something fall out of the sky and hit Tegan in the head.
All the voices that were yelling "Heads up!" gasped in horror.
Yes, a ball was overthrown and hit my poor baby square on the head.
I immediately embraced him, cradled in my arms and engulfed him in my chest. He cryed so hard; my entire body hurt for him. I pulled him away from my chest to assess the damage and he was so red from crying that I couldn't see any trauma. By then I was surrounded by concerned and caring people all checking on my little one. A doctor just so happen to be there and examined him briefly, assuring me that he thought everything was okay.
During this time, I (as well as everyone around me) kept looking for some sort of mark from where the ball hit. Much to our surprise, there was no mark. No bruise, no knot, nothing. I just kept waiting for something to pop up.
Tegan finally settled down a little (after wrapping his arms around my neck for the first time which warmed my heart) and I decided that I was going to be safe and take him to the ER. I knew he was going to be fine, but I just wanted to make sure. My aunt showed up to take Payton for me and my cousin accompanied me and Tegan to the hospital.

The ER doctor examined him and found nothing to be concerned about. In fact, there was still no sign of external trauma. So we were released from the hospital and on the way home I called Richie to update him. I told him that there was still no sign of where the ball hit him and I said, "Either God has His hand on him, or there is internal damage." After hanging up with him, Payton said, "Mama, I think God had His hand on him...I don't think there's internal damage." Sooo cute! And later on that night, Payton informed me that he not only prayed for his dinner, but also "prayed for Tegan and that nothing bad would ever happen to him again."
So, the moral of the story is...God is always watching out for my family. And although bad things happen, He will always work things for the good. I also realized (again) that sending Payton to private Christian school is the best thing we've ever done. He has been so compassionate lately...genuinely compassionate. God is so good! He has blessed me far beyond anything I could ever dream. I mean, seriously, look how blessed I am!









Thanks for reading!

Aimee

2 comments:

Holly Joy said...

I think I'll go with what your eldest son said, God's hand was there for SURE. I'm happy your sweet little boy is alright and how cute that he hugged your neck; that is an absolutely precious memory for you and it came from something that had the potential to be very bad...but as you said, God works all things for the good of those who love Him. :) Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

So glad he's doing great, and not hurt!!! Do I spy pics from the new camera? On that last picture, was that at the Mustang Community Center, in the parking lot by the pond? Cool backdrop.