Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Days 3, 4, & 5

Well, we are on day 5. Day 3's exercise was an hour of Shoulders and Arms (and 15 minutes of Ab Ripper X) and yesterday was an hour and a half of Yoga X. I must admit that it was pretty funny watching Richie attempt 1 1/2 hours of yoga...something he's never done in his life. For one, he's not at all limber, and for two, he's pretty uncoordinated. So, I was laughing during most of my "downward dogs" and "warrior" poses. Today will consist of an hour of Legs and Back and 15 minutes of Ab Ripper X.

The nutrition part of the plan has been the hardest part for me. Richie has been doing a fabulous job participating with me and trying new foods with me. However, because I'm not holding him to the same diet standard as me, he is allowed to eat things that I've sworn off. So when he waltzed into the living room holding a bowl full of ice cream...I almost fell off the bandwagon. I opted for strawberries...but it was a difficult choice to make. Still no soda! I'm a water junkie now!!

In other news, Payton is taking swimming lessons and is doing sooo well. He started Monday and today he floated on his back all by himself!! Tegan is as beautiful as ever. He's such a joy to be around, smiling and laughing at those who show him the slightest funny face. I love my kids so much, which is a big reason for me wanting us to become fit and healthy. Hypertension and cancer runs in my family and Richie's family carries a slew of health problem. His mother has had 3 heart attacks and just recently had a stroke. So it's very important for us to everything in our power to stick around in our kids lives as long as we can.

No comments: