Saturday, June 13, 2009

P90X

So Richie and I have decided to take the P90X Challenge. Some of you may know what I'm talking about as you have seen the "info-mercial." Although it is probably not a new idea for those of you who are fitness buffs, I was instantly intrigued by the concept of "muscle confusion." I began searching the internet for other indiviudal's experience with P90X and was shocked to see the results. These results weren't terribly dramatic, showing extremely obese people slimming down to half their size, but instead seemed reasonable and attainable, something I felt I could do. So I made the purchase.

My package came in the mail on Thursday. "Yes!" I thought. "I'm starting this program tomorrow!" I immediately opened it, eagerly explored its contents which consisted of one manual explaining the program and exercises, one manual outlining the nutrition program, and a set of 13 dvds. All of the sudden, I felt overwhelmed. So I decided to wait a few days, read through everything completely, and proceed with the program when I felt I had a good grasp of it. Needless to say, Richie and I both began the program yesterday and we're both feeling a little like jello. Yesterday was "Chest and Back" which consisted of an hour of various push-ups and pull-ups, as well as "Ab Ripper X"...16 straight minutes of very difficult core strengthening exercises. Today we did "Polyometrics," an hour of the craziest cardio I've ever attempted.

In addition to the exercise routine, we've also begun eating a tad more healthy. No more soda for me! Water, water, water will be the bulk of what I drink. I will no longer be eating many simple carbohydrates like potato chips and regular pasta. Instead, I will be chosing whole grains. Fruit will replace the small amount of sweets I eat. This will be the part of the program that Richie will have the hardest time following. He doesn't appreciate vegetables as much as I do, and he tends to eat more unhealthy than I. So I told him I wouldn't hold him to my breakfast and lunch standards, but have asked him to eat what I eat for dinner.

My meals for yesterday consisted of an egg white omelet with low-fat mozzerella cheese for breakfast, a salad with lean steak strips and balsamic vinagrette for lunch, and a turkey, lettuce, tomato with olive oil dressing sandwich on whole wheat for dinner.

So far today, I have a strawberry banana protein shake for breakfast and a City Bites Razzmatazz sandwich for lunch. Nothing but water on both days!!

Okay people. This is difficult for me to post, but it's important that I include the "whole picture." So, with out further ado, here are the before pictures we took.








I will be blogging about our experience with P90X, as well as posting pictures of our progress at one, two, and three months. Be praying for us....we're gonna need it!!
Aimee

1 comment:

Too big for my britches said...

Aaah heck! This is what I forgot - pictures of me in my bra and underwear. I'm gonna get right on it! :)